Advanced Boosting conditions tips
For getting the most benefits out of Boosterberg we recommend using the Advanced settings for boosting conditions. This feature offers several options.
Post types option lets you decide what types of posts should be promoted. We recommend selecting the Link, Text, Photo and Video options. While keeping these selected only the posts that include a link to an external website, posts that consist of text only or posts that include a photo or video will be promoted. All other posts will be skipped.
Below the Post types option you can select the actual conditions for boosting your posts. The left hand side consists of conditions that trigger the boosting (start conditions). On the right hand side you have condtions that stop the boosting (stop conditions).
The Start conditions are:
- Time delay – how long should Boosterberg wait before promoting your post
- Minimum Organic Reach – start paid promotion when post has been seen by certain amount of users
- Minimum Engaged Users – start paid promotion when post has reached certain amount of engagement from users. E.g. 3 users have engaged with the post
- Minimum Link Clicks – start paid promotion when post has reached certain amount of link clicks
- Minimum Video Views – start paid promotion when post has reached certain amount of video views
- Post Text Keyword – start paid promotion when a post text contains certain words. This function is mostly used for keywords containing a hashtag (#). E.g. in case you want to promote certain posts to a certain audience. In this case you can create and assign a specific #keyword for a specifc audience that will promote posts only to this special audience within an Ad Set.
- Post text negative keyword – start paid promotion when text post DOES NOT contain a certain word. This function is mostly used for keywords containing aÂ hashtag (#) and is used in a separate complementary Ad Set for a campaign that already has an Ad Set triggered by a Post text keyword condition. E.g. if you are using an Ad Set with a post text keyword start condition and you want to make sure other Ad Sets are not triggered for promoting this specific post anymore you can use the Post text negative keyword option.
- Link URL keyword – start paid promotion when a link URL contains a specific word. E.g. you can use this option to promote a specific category product on your website (mens shoes) to only a certain audience (men).
- Link URL negative keyword – start paid promotion when a link URL DOES NOT contain a specific word. E.g. you have created an Ad Set to promote posts that include a specific word in URL link. By selecting Link URL negative keyword you can follow the same strategy as by the Post text negative keyword condition.
The Stop conditions are:
- Stop ad after being created – stop paid promotion after certain amount of time has passed since the post publication.
- Total Reach – stop paid promotion when the post has reached or exeeded certain amount of users
- Total Engaged Users – stop paid promotion when the post has reached or exeeded certain amount of engaged users. E.g. Ad will be stopped after 5 users have engaged with your post.
- Total Link Clicks – stop paid promotion after the post has attained or exeeded certain amount of link clicks
- Negative Feedback – stop paid promotion when the post has received or exeeded certain amount of negative feedback
- Video views – stop paid promotion after the video post has attained certain amount of views
- CPC (Cost per link click) – stop paid promotion when the CPC of a post has reached or exceeded a certain CPC value.
- Cost per POST engagement – stop paid promotion when the cost per post engagement has reached or exceeded a certain value
- Total Ad Spend – stop paid promotion when the total spend on aÂ post has reached or exeeded a certain value.